Long Island Local Apple Picking
Kick off apple picking season at
Harbes Orchard Apple Festival 9/14 & 9/15
(Scroll for more festivals)
There’s so much to be excited about this time of year, whether it’s the beautiful fall foliage, crisp air, local festivals, apple picking, hayrides and not to mention my personal favorites- spiced lattes and cashmere sweaters.
Many people have been discussing where to go apple picking this weekend, so I have complied a few names/places that are in the Five Harbors and beyond! Whether you’re looking to pick you-own apples, pick up a bag or simply get a fresh and delicious apple pie, we are ‘lucky’ to have many options!
Huntington/Five Harbors Area
photo courtesy of Richters Orchard
- Richters Orchard
- Pulski Road, Northport, NY 11768
- Tel: 631-261-1980
- Apples, Pears (peaches when in season) and cider. Go to the barn to make your selection.
photo courtesy of Kerbers Farm
- Kerber’s Farm
- 309 West Pulaski Road, Huntington, NY 11743
- Originally founded in 1941 and recently restored in 2014, there is a unique selection of homemade jams and preserves, homemade pies and cookies, perfect for this time of year
photo courtesy of Jericho Cider Mill
- Jericho Cider Mill
- 213 Jericho Oyster Bay Road, Jericho, NY 11753
- Apple Cider, fresh pies and more! Buying fresh cider at the Jericho Cider Mill has been a tradition through the long autumn and winter months for over 150 years. Try Oyster Bay Hard Apple Cider too.
- Seven Ponds Orchard
- 67 Seven Ponds Road, Watermill
- Tel: 631-726-8015
- Apple picking
- Windy Acres
- 3010 Middle Country Road, Calverton
- Apple picking
- Hank’s Pumpkin Town
- 240 Montauk Highway, Watermill
- Apple picking, apple pie, candy apples, caramel apples, apple cider slushies, apple caramel bread and apple cider donut.
photo courtesy of Woodside Orchards
- Harbes Orchard (photo in header courtesy of Harbes Orchard)
- 5698 Sound Avenue, Riverhead
- Tel: 631-369-1111
- Apple picking and more
- Woodside Orchards
- Two locations: Aquebogue, Main Road Route 25A and Jamesport, Manor Lane
- Tel: 631-722-5770
- Apple Picking, apple cider donuts, hard cider and more!
- Wickham Fruit Farm
- 28700 Route 25, Cutchogue, NY 11935
- Tel: 631-734-6441
- Apple Picking, cider donuts, breads, jams, pumpkins and more.
- Queens County Farm
- 73-50 Little Neck Pkwy, Floral Park, NY 11004
- Tel: 718-347-3276
- Variety of Hudson Valley apples, donuts, fresh cider and apple pie. Stop in at the Farm Store for mums, locally made jams and more.
Apple Festivals to bob-about
- 9/14 & 9/15 - Harbes Orchard Apple Festival
- 9/28 Heckscher State Park: Pour the Core/ Hard Cider Festival
- 9/29- Preservation Long Island- 30th Annual Long Island Apple Festival
-10/5-10/26- Harvest Weekends at the Queens County Farm
-10/12 & 10/13- Mill Neck Apple Festival
- 10/20- Huntington Historical Society: Apple Festival