Spring & Summer Hikes, Runs & Walks On Long Island
Medical experts say fresh air and exercise are important for your physical and mental health but advise Americans to use caution.
They recommend only doing outdoor activities with the people in your household and staying six feet away from neighbors or others in public areas. Do not attend public parks or areas that have crowds or are heavily populated. Experts due suggest avoiding playgrounds and golf courses at this time.
Click here for more info about Covid-19 & outdoor activities.
Please check with each location below as some may not be open to the public or have limited hours and other limitations.
Parks & Trails on
- Town of Huntington has 45 trails to experience- check out the location of each and the difficulty.
- Town of Huntington has various parks and beaches
- NYS has 27 state park lands on Long Island that you can explore including Jones Beach, Caleb Smith and Heckscher State Park.
- There are 2 National Park lands on Long Island- Fire Island & Sagamore Hill!
- There are several Suffolk County parks to explore --- some allow for hiking.
- Nassau County has both active and passive parks as well as preserves to visit
* please verify that these events are still planned to occur before registering or attending
Huntington Township and the surrounding communities are great places to get out and enjoy nature. There are local events for biking, walking, hiking and more!
Spring & Summer 2020- Caumsett State Historic Park- NYS sponsored hikes are given throughout the Spring & Summer. For Info & Registration.
March 29th- NYS @ Caumsett: Nature on the Move
Kayaking/Stand Up Paddling
Dates Throughout the Summer: JK Kayak & SUP has various tours in Cold Spring Harbor & Huntington by kayak and by sup. For Info & Registration
Dates Throughout the Summer: Huntington SUP offers intro classes, group tours, paddle fit and even SUP yoga. For Info & Registration
Runs & Fun Runs
April 26th- Huntington- YMCA 5K in Memory of Marcie Mazzola
May 1-3rd- Long Island Marathon Weekend
- See our blog about 7 Fun Ways To Get Reading for other literacy runs and events
May 30th- Northport Nautical Mile
Group Walks & Walking Tours
March 15th- CSH Lab: Science Walking Tour
March 22nd- CSH Lab: Science Walking TourTour
April 5th- CSH Lab: Science Walking Tour
April 19th- CSH Lab: Science Walking Tour
May 10th- CSH Lab: Science Walking Tour
May 17th- CSH Lab: Science Walking Tour
June 6th- CSH Lab: Science Walking Tour
June 21st- Father's Day @ CSH Lab: Science Walking Tour
June 28th- Caumsett Foundation: Off the Beaten Path
July 11th- CSH Lab: Science Walking Tour
July 25th- CSH Lab: Science Walking Tour
August 1st- CSH Lab: Science Walking Tour
August 8th- CSH Lab: Science Walking Tour
August 23rd- CSH Lab: Science Walking Tour
August 30th- CSH Lab: Science Walking Tour
September 20th- CSH Lab: Science Walking Tour
Other Exciting Tours
Summer 2020- Huntington Lighthouse Tours- take a short boat ride out to the Lighthouse where you will receive a guided/educational tour and the opportunity to see the Lighthouse and harbor from a whole new perspective.