Spring & Summer Hikes, Runs & Walks On Long Island
Recreation & Organized Events
Recreation is the home to so many varieties of recreation with numerous trails, parks and water bodies. Check out the locations and events below for outdoor enjoyment.
* please verify that the events below are still planned to occur before registering or attending
Parks & Trails on
- Town of Huntington has 45 trails to experience- check out the location of each and the difficulty.
- Town of Huntington has various parks and beaches
- NYS has 27 state park lands on Long Island that you can explore including Jones Beach, Caleb Smith and Heckscher State Park.
- There are 2 National Park lands on Long Island- Fire Island & Sagamore Hill!
- There are several Suffolk County parks to explore --- some allow for hiking.
- Nassau County has both active and passive parks as well as preserves to visit
Runs & Fun Runs
April 24th- Huntington- YMCA 5K in Memory of Marcie Mazzola - Virtual
5/9-5/23- South Huntington- Miles For Michael 5K and 10K Run - Virtual
5/28-5/31- Northport- 'I Did The Grid' 4 Mile Run/Walk & Fun Run - Virtual
TBD- Northport Nautical Mile
Kayaking/Stand Up Paddling
Dates Throughout the Summer: JK Kayak & SUP has various tours in Cold Spring Harbor & Huntington by kayak and by sup. For Info & Registration
Dates Throughout the Summer: Huntington SUP offers intro classes, group tours, paddle fit and even SUP yoga. For Info & Registration
Northshore Land Alliance- Kayaking tours
Other Exciting Tours
Summer 2021- Huntington Lighthouse Tours- take a short boat ride out to the Lighthouse where you will receive a guided/educational tour and the opportunity to see the Lighthouse and harbor from a whole new perspective.