Long Island Thanksgiving Eats, Take Out And Dine In
Thanksgiving is almost upon us and thanks to LTLH Monthly Calendar we are feeling more prepared than ever for this Holiday season. Not feeling as prepared as we are- don't worry we have options for dine in and take in including delicious Thanksgiving meal for your family and all your guests from Southdown Marketplace, Prime, Mill Pond/Piccolo and the Culinary Studio.
Fun Thanksgiving Facts
- Thanksgiving began in colonial America as a way to give thanks for the harvest and express gratitude.
- Thanksgiving is celebrated on the fourth Thursday in November
- The annual Thanksgiving Macy's day parade began in the 1920s
- The average American will consume 13.7 pounds of turkey
- Football and turkey go together .. the Detroit Lions have played Thanksgiving Football since 1934
- Favorite Pie flavor is apple followed by pumpkin, chocolate creme, cherry & pecan.
- The average cost of putting Thanksgiving dinner for 10 people in 2016 was $49.87
As we sit down this Thanksgiving, look around our tables we know we're Lucky To Live Here, be with our families and share with our friends .
We are grateful for all our blessings and to feel so lucky to live here.
Gobble Gobble Happy Thanksgiving
The Mill Pond Seafood Kitchen & Bar is open on Thanksgiving Day. Make your reservations early and enjoy traditional turkey dinner or other favorites while looking out across the pond to Heron Park in Centerport a picturesque way to spend the day! Mill Pond also has Thanksgiving dinner pick ups.
Hometown Bakeshop has all your pie needs covered but don't forget that they have both sweet and savory options along with a variety of other goods to add to your spread.
Need divine treats- stop by Blondies Bakeshop in Centerport for pie shape cookies, pies and more!
Cold Spring Harbor
Add to your table with pies from Youngs Farm available to order and pick up at Sweetie Pies. Nothing sets a holiday table like candles from The Heritage Candle Shop, floral arrangement from Ava Flora, and a great bottle of wine from the CSH Wine Shoppe.
Order your fresh turkey through Kerber's Farm and place your ordered for prepared sides and delicacies to finish.
Catch the Macy's Day Parade in NYC. Get in on the fun early on Thanksgiving-eve and see the balloons being inflated. Public viewing is from 3pm until 8pm.
The 85th Macy's Parade kicks off Thursday at 9am with their famous balloons, bands and of course Santa.
Butterball Hotline- 1-800-BUTTERBALL is ready to receive phone calls about your turkey troubles and questions. You can call them or chat online.
Almost as important as the Turkey, catch the Thanksgiving Football games.